Buy OPDIVO to treat some types of cancer. This prescription medicine is used either alone or alongside other treatments to help treat different types of cancer. It is an injection meant for intravenous use, and depending on the type of cancer being treated, has seen some success of varying degrees.
Areas Treated with OPDIVO
OPDIVO is used for people with:
- Advanced non-small cell lung cancer
- Previously treated advanced non-small cell lung cancer
- Advanced melanoma
- Melanoma and have had lymph nodes removed
- Advanced kidney cancer
- Newly diagnosed kidney cancer that has spread
- Previously treated kidney cancer
- Previously treated squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck
- Liver cancer previously treated with sorafenib
- Previously treated advanced cancer in the bladder or urinary tract
- Metastatic CRC and has progress after treatment with other pharmaceuticals
- Previously treated Hodgkin lymphoma
- Previously treated advanced esophageal squamous cell cancer
- Newly diagnosed malignant pleural mesothelioma
- Esophageal or gastroesophageal junction cancer
- Advanced gastric, gastroesophageal, and esophageal adenocarcinomas that were left untreated
It is also noted that OPDIVO is safe and effective for children under 12 with dMMR or MSI-H metastatic colorectal cancer, or in children below 18 that have other types of cancer.
How does OPDIVO work?
This medicine is a treatment that has the ability to possibly treat certain types of cancers by going in tandem with the immune system. They cause the immune system to attack normal tissues and organs in different areas of the body, which can possibly affect the way they work. OPDIVO can be used alongside other types of medication, with the most common being YERVOY.
The use of OPDIVO can have serious side effects which can lead to life-threatening situations when anything untoward happens during the treatment, or even after the treatment has been completed. They can also happen at the same time, or alone. Patients need to inform their healthcare provider immediately if they develop any of these symptoms, or if they already have these symptoms and they are steadily getting worse.
- Lung problems – chest pain, worsening cough, shortness of breath
- Intestinal problems - diarrhea, black stool, severe stomach area pain
- Liver problems – yellowing skin, dark urine, bleeding or bruising more than normal
- Hormone gland problems – eye sensitivity, hair loss, constipation, unusual headaches
- Skin problems – rashes, itching
- Kidney problems – blood in urine, ankle swelling
- Eye problems – eye pain or redness, blurry vision
Other Side Effects
The most common side effects when taking OPDIVO are:
- Muscle pain
- Itchy skin
- Decreased appetite
- Back pain
- Mouth sores
- High blood pressure
There are many more, so make sure to check the OPDIVO website to learn more about possible side effects.
Cost of OPDIVO
There are two different infusions and vial sizes of OPDIVO, one in 40mg at 4ml and the second in 100mg at 10ml. The former has an average price of around $704 per package, and the latter at $1676 per package. These include one vial of the solution with its aforementioned volumes.
Patients that have been treated alone with OPDIVO have shown a PFS, or progression-free survival, of 29% at 6.5 years. When combined with a pharmaceutical like YERVOY, it showed 34% at the same time frame. Of course, there are still several factors to be included when deciding whether this medicine is the right fit, and for this, prescription guides are also readily available.
Looking for something not here? Call use now and our purchasing department will gladly source it for you.
OPDIVO® SINJ 40MG (1VLX4ML) Non-English